Furniture Co. was started in 1949 near the corner of Broadway
and Commercial in Vancouver, B.C. by Mildred and Alfred Martin.
They specialized in building custom kitchen tables, chairs, stools
and restaurant seating. Their son Randall started with
the company full time in 1973 and in 1999 moved the business to
its present location in Coquitlam, BC. Angie and Randall Martin
now operate the business together with their "key man", Doug Lindgren.
They still build the kitchen tables and chairs as Mildred and
Alf did in the 50's and 60's using high grade plywood in the laminated
table tops covered with heavy high pressure plastic laminates.
The chairs are of 16 & 18 gauge tubular steel construction
with plywood seats and backs carefully covered with extra high
density foam and heavy vinyl fabrics. These construction and upholstery
methods produce what the Martins believe to be a solid product,
second to none of its kind.
back all their work with a 5 year construction and craftsmanship
Many of Martin's customers have told them that their parents and/or
still using the kitchen sets the Martins have built for them in
the 1950's and 60's.
two pics are from Martin's website.